Saturday, March 8, 2014

Unstoppable Mom Finalist


In case you haven't heard, I am a finalist in the Unstoppable Mom Contest!  I really cannot believe it.  It has been a whirlwind since the announcement and looks like it won't stop until it's all over.  

I will appear by myself on the Monday show.  So watch for me Monday- it airs in Houston at 9am on Channel 13.  I'm going to try not to fall down or throw up or pee my pants or say anything completely dumb.  I really dislike being on camera and in front of people, so prayers please!  

On Friday most of the kids and I will be on the show when they announce the winner.  I am flying back and forth between Monday and Friday to get the kids.  It's a crazy plan, but that's what was agreed upon between the show people and Dave and I.  Dave's staying home with Leah as we (and her doctor) are not comfortable with putting her through all of this.  

I do not know voting rules yet, but I do know that Thursday is the only voting day.  Expect another email Wednesday or Thursday :)  And spread the word to vote!  

10 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Ill be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears watching your story. I had twins and thought it was so hard. I can't imagine 6. You are such an inspiration and have my vote. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened to be switching the channel on my tv and came about the Kelly and Michael show just as it was showing a picture of your precious children. My one 3yr old twin screamed "Twins!" so of course I had to sit and watch! As a mom to eight children ages 16, 14, 11, 10, 8, 7, 3 (twins) and three with special needs, I have to say you are amazing! Best of luck in the Unstoppable Mom contest! You totally deserve it:)
    Chantel
    the8packmom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caught the segment this morning, you sure are one unstoppable, inspirational, and phenomenal mom! Looking forward to catching the show on Friday when they reveal the winner. Best of luck to you!
    Lauren, in the segment I heard your already planning your children's birthday, I'd love to donate some of my chocolate covered oreos. Feel free to visit my website at www. sweettemptations.me
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched your segment on Live this morning. Your dedication to your beautiful family moved me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about your blog (and your story) while watching the Kelly and Michael show this morning! :) You are SUCH an inspiration and amazing mom!! I really hope that you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauren! I am Cher Perkins.... Joni and Perk's daughter! I asked all my Facebook friends to help with voting! Best of luck... Babies are gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this. My grandparents' last name is Perkins, and my grandpa's name was Perk, too. Now, that's what my uncle goes by.

      Delete
  8. Saw you on Monday and you were adorable!!! Can't wait to vote tomorrow!!! (I'm a friend of Mary's from Bible Study in Austin!!)

    ReplyDelete