Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gender Reveal

Before anyone gets any crazy ideas from the title, this is about my friend's gender reveal party!!

One of my best friends is expecting and due around Christmas!  Back when I was preggo I told her she wasn't allowed to get pregnant until my babies were 1 year old because I needed her help during that time.  The fabulous friend that she is got pregnant when my kids were 11 months 2 weeks old!  No, that wasn't planned, just happened that way :)

She wanted to have a Gender Reveal party so she and her family and close friends could all find out what they were having at the same time- and it's an excuse to have a fun party!  I was entrusted with the secret and had to be very careful who I talked to for a few days.  I was so afraid I'd blow it!  Another friend helped me make the balloon box, favors, and game.  My pregnant friend actually did most of the work and she did an amazing job!  She had the cutest boy or girl decor and yummy food.  We did the reveal by having colored balloons fly out of a box, but also colored the cake filling just for fun.  The guests even dressed in pink or blue depending on their gender guess.  Anyway, it's a GIRL and I couldn't be more excited and happy for my friends!!!!  I wish I could give them as much support and time as they've given me over the past year and a half, but I know that's not possible.  I'll try my best though :)


The He r She bars were favors

cute banner made by the mommy-to-be



Even pink and blue drinks and straws


GIRL!!!

All the guests in pink vs blue attire

3 comments:

  1. The balloon thing was a great idea :)
    and even though You knew the gender You guessed wrong - wearing blue ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wore blue shorts and a pale pink and white top so I was completely neutral :)

      Delete
  2. Obviously I love this post :) Thanks for all your help sweet friend, couldn't have done it without you. Olivia is so lucky to have you as her Aunt Doro!

    ReplyDelete