Friday, January 24, 2014

Breakfast Casserole

I've thought about doing recipe posts for awhile now, but I'm usually in such a hurry cooking I forget to take pictures of the process.  This recipe is an absolute go-to.  I make it every couple of weeks and I make it the night before, so one time I was leisurely and took pictures :)  This casserole is great because it's easy, delicious, the whole family gobbles it up, and it makes enough to feed the kiddos for 3 breakfasts!  Perfect for mornings I run when I don't have time to really cook a breakfast- portion it out and microwave.  

Breakfast Egg Casserole

1 can crescent rolls
1 lb breakfast sausage (can sub bacon or ham or leave meat out)
10 eggs
 2 cups cheese
3/4 c milk
1 tsp italian seasonings
Veggies (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.  While it's preheating, spray or grease 13x9 pan and roll out the crescent rolls.  I usually bake this layer for about 8 min, but sometimes I don't and the dish still comes out fine.


While the rolls are baking, cook the sausage in a skillet and drain the grease.

On this particular occasion I had fresh spinach around, so I added a layer of spinach on top of the crescent rolls.  You could really add any veggies you want at this point, or leave them out entirely- up to you!

Then add the meat...

Whisk together the eggs, cheese, milk, and italian seasoning

Pour mixture on top of the meat and spread evenly


Bake at 375 for 30 min.  In my oven it takes 30 min, but my oven usually cooks a little fast.  End result looks like this...

Yum!  Hard part is waiting until the next morning to eat some!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lauren! I think I'm gonna use this. I hate preparing food in the morning. It'll be great to nuke and enjoy when going for an early ski!

    ReplyDelete