Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Few Firsts

I'm slowly catching up on blogging after the LightAide business and desperately trying to get everything Christmas done.  So, here are our few firsts that happened a few weeks ago...

Toddler Class
After the kiddos turned 18 months they were old enough to go into the toddler class at church.  We decided to go ahead and put them with everyone else and see how it goes.  So far they've done really well!  They absolutely do not sit and listen to the lesson or do the activity sheets, but they play with all the toys and don't cause trouble.  And I haven't heard any stories of them stealing food, which is really quite remarkable.  Since our friends who have always watched them at church just moved with them to the toddler class, Leah gets to stay with the other kids a little longer.  Our church has a special needs class which she will eventually move to.  One little boy in their class loves to talk to Leah and show her toys, it's really cute.

Night Away
Dave and I got our first overnight stay away from the kids!  I won a giveaway from http://citymomsblog.com/houston/ for a free night at a local hotel and 2 free movie passes!  How awesome is that?!  Luckily, Dave's parents were willing to come babysit, along with some regular helpers, and we were able to stay away for a full 24 hours.  It was glorious.  I slept 8 hours straight and I couldn't tell you when I last did that.  Just the break and refresher we needed!

Big Bathtub
Yes, they're officially toddlers and we bathe them in the sink most of the time.  Assembly line style baths are what we've always done and they work and they're quick and I don't have to bend over or be on my knees.  But, they're getting a little big for my sit on top of the sink tub.  So, we got brave and decided to test out our big bathtub.  I got all the supplies including an Elmo no slip mat and a knee/elbow over the tub pad for me.  Leah went by herself and was perfectly fine.  Allison and Caroline went in together.  Caroline enjoyed playing with all the toys while Allison cried the whole time.  Ben was next and he LOVED it.  He was so excited to see Elmo on the bottom of the tub- then his brothers got in too and spoiled all his fun.  He screamed the rest of the bath.  The other boys weren't quite sure what to think at first, but then were tolerant of the big bathtub.  We haven't made it consistent practice yet, but we're working on it.





Haircuts
I gave the boys their first haircuts!  I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and briefly watched a YouTube video beforehand.  I knew the baby curls were out of control and had to go.  So, I grabbed my kitchen scissors and a baby comb and hacked away.  I think the results weren't half bad if I say so myself ;)  I did a bangs trim on the girls.  I did this all while they were eating a snack and listening to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs.  They were surprisingly cooperative this time.  The boys do not look like babies anymore- completely little boys- which makes me both happy and sad at the same time.






Each pile of hair- cut off way more than I thought!




No comments:

Post a Comment