Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me

More like an extended Mother's Day.  Saturday started out with a small roller coaster dip- Levi had a leak in his PICC line.  Fluid was getting into his chest cavity and pressing down on his lungs making it difficult for him to breathe.  Good news- they were able to suction the fluid out and the follow up x-rays look really good.  Now his only issue is his distended belly that's full of gas- he needs to fart more.

My actual Mother's Day was great!  Since I had already received huge flower arrangements from the hospital and Dave's company, Dave had to come up with a different idea.

He made me breakfast (he did this everyday throughout the pregnancy- maybe he misses it?) and got me a new memory card for my camera so I can take tons of pictures of the babies :)  The babies' nurses made cards for me with their footprints which are so cute.  But the best part of the day was getting to dress Andrew, Benjamin, and Caroline up in real clothes for the first time!  We even got to put them in the same isolette for group pictures.  I'm not sure who was more excited- me or the nurse!  I also went to the grocery store for the first time in 3 months.  Apparently this store decided to rearrange a few aisles during my absence which I did not appreciate.

Today I got another great surprise- the "big" kids (Andrew, Benjamin, and Caroline) got to try bottle feeding!  I worked with Andrew and Caroline today.  Andrew fell asleep right away so it didn't really work.  Caroline was awesome and drank 6 ml!  It must be exhausting for them because she fell asleep as soon as I moved her to her burping position.  The others were all doing well today too.  We hope that they'll be off CPAP within a week, but those 3 can't be trusted just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment