Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Limericks

For those of you who know me and have been lucky enough to receive a handmade card or invitation from me, you know about my rhyme-y poems.  So, today Levi had his post-discharge checkup at the pediatrician (all went well and he's gained 6 oz already!) and it took 3 hours!  With all that wait time, my brain decided to make up a limerick for each of the babies.  I didn't want to forget all my creativity, so here they are...

My name is Andrew Noah
I punch like Rocky Balboa
     I sound like a goat
     I fit in a tote
And I'd like to get to know ya.

My name is Benjamin Luke
Sometimes I like to puke
     on Andrew's head
     while lying in bed
And people still think I'm cute.

My name is Caroline Grace
I have a pretty face
     I'm dainty as can be
     can scoot myself free
So don't count me out of the race.

My name is Leah Michelle
Without a poop bag, I'm swell
     Strangers ask about me
     As seen on TV
Because I gave the doctors hell.

My name is Allison Kate
You can call me Alli the Great
     I have red hair
     Eating- don't care
I'll stay with Leah and wait.

My name is Levi Thomas
My head is quite humongous
     My body is tiny
     My cry is whiny
Not like a hippopotamus.

There ya go!  Hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed making them up.

5 comments:

  1. From Kelly: OMG Lauren...you are hilarious!! I am seriously laughing hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know my love of silly poems, too, so I think these are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best Lauren limericks! i still have the ones you made me in college!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo funny and TRUE!!! Haven't laughed that hard in a looooong time :-))) You are amazing Mama Cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo cute and creative!! Good Job! :)

      Lacie

      Delete