Friday, June 15, 2012

Busy Busy B and C

Benjamin and Caroline have had quite a week!  On Monday I decided to challenge myself by bringing both of them to the hospital to visit their siblings all by myself.  It took me way longer to get everything and everyone ready to go than I planned, but we made it and they did great!  We even stayed longer than I planned because they were doing so well.  The staff enjoyed seeing them too.  They requested that I stay through a feeding so they could see how I feed both at the same time, and they took my picture...

Tuesday they had their 2 month check up (a week early).  We were there forever, but they handled it well- thanks to the wubbanubs!  Benjamin is up to 5 1/2 lbs 17.25 in and Caroline is 5 lbs and 17.75 in!   She's definitely long and skinny.  They also got their first round of shots.  Ben screamed through it all, but Caroline yelped on the first one and handled the rest like a champ.  I like to think she's tough like her mom- ha!  Anyway, the pediatrician said they're doing great :)

Today they were both evaluated for ECI services and didn't qualify.  Not a surprise to me since they base the norms on adjusted age, which is negative 3 weeks, so if you're not expected to do anything and you don't do anything, then you're performing on an age appropriate level.  They may qualify in the future when they're older.  We did have fun playing with the ECI ladies though.

The others are all progressing and growing too.  Andrew's just as big as Benjamin, Allison's about 4 1/2 lbs, Leah's 3 lb 10 oz, and Levi is 3 lb 5 oz.  We're hoping to go from the Perkins Row down to the Perkins Room at the NICU very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I just love you. You are so amazing and seriously the best momma in the world!!

    ReplyDelete