1. I can't believe my kiddos are getting close enough to 2 that I need to start party planning. And already have. 2. I blame the crazy weather for the rut-like feeling. We're still busy busy around the house, but we've been stuck inside more days than not and it's getting old. They are missing playing in the backyard and let me know it every time I block them from escaping when I let the dog out. They really couldn't care less about my explanations of the wet and coldness outside. So, we've been busy doing indoor things like reading on the couch, drawing with AquaDoodles, being pushed in the Cozy Coupes, stacking stuff, playing chase, singing and dancing, and all their typical stuff. I even broke down this week and took the play food out of the package! As I suspected, play food can be found anywhere and everywhere around the house.
Couch reading- nothing better.
AquaDoodles- new fav activity
When taking turns fails
3. We've had some big changes going on! The pacifiers have been gone now for about a month and they never missed them. Now, sadly (for me), the 2 naps a day are gone. They weren't consistent and now it's been over a week since they've had a 2 a day. I am grateful they went to 21 months before dropping a nap and that their 1 nap is a long one- 3-3 1/2 hours. Sleep training is a wonderful thing! We've recently changed up the nighttime routine by letting them walk to their cribs. It's funny to see them walking in a line to their rooms and being silly by going in the wrong room or trying to get away from us.
4. New skills are coming... we've been working on learning to share, taking turns, and clean up. These skills are slowly coming along. They'll now help me pick up things by stacking them and bringing items to me I've asked for. Sharing and taking turns is hit or miss. We do have plenty of teachable moments between the Cozy Coupe and the slide. With individual toys, stealing is rampant. However, it is typically obvious who the victim and thief are because one is crying (usually Levi) and the other is running away giggling (usually Andrew). We're also trying to encourage expressive language as that's the biggest area of delay. They are slowly picking up more words and sometimes I can't really tell if they're saying a real word or not. On walks they love to point out ducks, dogs, cars, trucks, and fountains and they'll say their version of these words.
5. The boys! Andrew is into cars, trucks, and ducks lately. Especially ducks. He even found a book with a duck on every page and he loves to point out every single duck. Ben loves his play food, particularly his fake spaghetti and fake fried egg. He has also started savoring his last bite of real food; he scarfs it down until the last bite which he'll nibble on until everyone else is done. One time he held on to a cheerio for 45 minutes! Levi is probably the most vocal. He says "bye bye" and "uh oh" all the time and can almost "moo". He is definitely the most musical with his dancing and guitar playing. I use the term playing very loosely.
6. The girls! Caroline is my Maggie lover. I often find her under a table with the dog giving her kisses, petting her, and giggling. She is the only one who likes Maggie's kisses. She's also the cautious one and is wary of new people. Allison stole Dave's heart the other night when he walked in from work and she yelled "DaDa" and blew him kisses. She also likes to pretend hand sanitize by touching the container and rubbing her hands together. Miss Leah has just been doing awesome lately! We've added tasting and smelling trials into her therapies and she's actually been handling these without gagging most of the time. She really likes peppermint stuff. We have learned she loves Larry the Cucumber from VeggieTales and cannot contain her smile when she hears his voice. We've had her LightAide for a few weeks now and she's really starting to get the hang of it and enjoy it. The others all like it too. And her hair is finally starting to grow- but only on the top of her head.
Caroline and Maggie
That's us at 21 months! We do have some fun and exciting things planned for February and March, so me may just get out of this rut. :)