Thursday, June 20, 2013

Weekend Getaways

Thanks to my best friend's wedding we had 2 weekend getaways!  The first was to Austin.  We brought the whole family - even Maggie- to Dave's parents' house for the whole weekend.  Everyone- even Maggie- did great in the van.  Dave drove and I manned the back, even did snack time and Leah's feeds by myself.  Maggie was a perfect dog on the road.  Once we were there we took over the upstairs with Dave, Leah, and I in one room and the other 5 in the next bedroom.  This set up worked very well, but it did make me thankful for our 1 story house.  Going up and down the stairs all day and in the night got old after 2 nights.  On Saturday I got a girls day cruising around Lake Travis for Sara's bachelorette!  It was a fantastic baby break and time with friends!  My in-laws had a few of their friends over to see the babies while I was away so there were plenty of helpers and baby entertainers around.  It was a quick trip, but it was fun and nice to see how the babies handled the travel!

Playing in the backyard

Andrew in the travel toy box

Eating at the big kid table

The actual wedding provided another travel opportunity.  This time I went alone!  Dave and his mom stayed with the babies and of course our regular helpers came over as much as they could.  I was gone for 72 hours and everyone survived :)  It was a little hard leaving the babies, but Dave let me talk to them a few times and he told me they smiled when they heard my voice.  Not sure if that's true, but I'll take it!  Dave was nervous about being in charge for that long since I do most of the "behind the scenes" work like preparing meals and administering medicines.  So, I pre-made all meals and wrote out specific directions as needed.  I also wrote out the schedule of therapists and visitors, so he would have an idea of who to expect when the front door opened.  He did fine with everything just like I knew he would.  He did say he was tired, had worked harder than he had in a long time, and was actually ready to back to his day job on Monday- haha.

I enjoyed my time away and so loved being there to celebrate Sara's wedding!  Sara and I have been best friends for 10 years and it was great to have a little girl time before she got hitched.  That is so rare these days!  I also got to see lots of Baylor friends I hadn't seen since we graduated.  :)  All of the wedding festivities were wonderful and we wish Sara and Patrick all the best!
SnL!  

SnP- the newlyweds!
                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment